A minimum of 10 participants is required. Should we not reach the number, we can postpone the safari.
- Minimum number of participant
- Who can participate?
All levels of ukulele players are welcome! Workshops are organised in such manner that every level can enjoy and learn something new!
- How is the weather like?
Located on the Equator, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda & Rwanda have no definitive seasons like the Northern and Southern hemispheres. East Africa has a pleasant climate all year round and is perfect for safaris & game viewing during any season.
We have two rainy seasons:
– The short rains which occur from late October through November
– The long rains which occur from late March to end of May
- International air travel
International airfares are NOT included in quotes. We purely take care of ground arrangements in Kenya. These include your arrival/departure transfers, any internal flights or regional flights as well as all your accommodation / Inland transportation/food costs as stated in your “includes / excludes section of itinerary”.
- Payments method
1) BANK TRANSFERS: where payment is made by a bank transfer, ALL bank charges are to be paid by the client.
2) CREDIT CARD: payments by credit card, a surcharge can be added to cover the processing of payment. (we shall communicate the same to you in writing) Also, credit card payments can be accepted via an on-line platform, called DIRECT PAY ONLINE. We will send you a link for the payment required.
We also accept payment via PAYPAL and for PESAPAL, specifically from April 2018.
3) CASH: If payment is to be made in cash, Dollars, Euros or Kenya Shillings are accepted. Any rate of exchange will be communicated to you.
- WiFi and charging of devices
- Most camps & lodges offer free Wi-Fi .
- Most of our vehicles have sockets for charging your devices while on the road. Kenyan electrical sockets are UK type, 3 pin square – 220 volts
- What should I pack
- Light cotton clothing during the day such as T-Shirts & shorts.
- Long-sleeved shirts and long cotton trousers (or jeans), sweaters for the evening
- Windbreaker/rain jacket for the early morning and evening game drives
- Sun Hat/cap
- Swimming outfit
- Good and comfortable walking shoes (e.g. sneakers) for safari.
- Flip flops or sandals for lodge/camp and on the beach
- High-factor sunscreen and after-sun lotion
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Deodorant or antiperspirant
- Medication such as Malaria prophylaxis, motion/air sickness pills, insect repellent, painkillers etc. However, we always recommend that you consult your doctor when it comes to drugs for updated information.
- your Ukulele
- How much luggage I can carry?
Please ensure that your baggage is packed in soft bags and should weigh no more than 15 to a maximum of 20 kgs per person. It’s possible to store luggage during the safari either at your hotel if you are returning there after your trip or in our offices. Most lodges have laundry facilities at an extra charge.
On-air safaris, the maximum luggage allowance per person is strictly 15 kgs including hand luggage in soft bags. As the aircraft are small the luggage space is limited.
Tips are optional but well accepted. The suggested tip is between $10 and $15 per room/day, Lodges and camps have usually a tip box.
- Updated Covid Regulations
One can now apply for the Kenyan Visa on-line at least 07 days prior to your arrival date. Please log on to https://accounts.ecitizen.go.ke/register/visitor.
We wish to inform you 100% e-visa will be effective as of 01st January 2021. Visas will not be issued upon arrival, from this date.
A valid passport with a minimum of 6 months validity and at least two blank pages is mandatory.
All travellers coming to Kenya who are fully vaccinated shall be exempt from the requirement of a PCR test.
All eligible unvaccinated travellers arriving at any port of entry into Kenya, must be in possession of a valid COVID-19 negative PCR test certificate conducted within 72 hours before departure regardless of the route of entry. Children below the age of five (5) years are exempt from this requirement.
Airlines should ensure that all travellers have uploaded both documents into global haven before boarding via www.globalhaven.org
Passengers are required to be in possession of either a Vaccination Certificate or PCR Negative test results.
• Jitenge platform no longer required unless one exhibits symptoms.
- Change of itinerary
Demand for Safaris is very high and can lead to a shortage of lodge/hotel accommodation at times during some seasons. All bookings will be confirmed by us in writing as we confirm beforehand from our suppliers. On occasion, changes may be necessary. Hotels/lodges/camps where specifically named are given as an indication of the category, and rooms may be reserved at similar hotels/lodges/camps. We undertake to advise you of any changes known to us prior to departure, but the possibility of change without notice, must be accepted when booking. This rarely happens. Single rooms are available at a supplementary cost. Safari four-wheel drive vehicles will be provided according to the route and number of participants and as confirmed to you in your booking confirmation. English speaking chauffeur/guides are provided. Occasional mechanical problems, changes of lodge or adverse road conditions may in turn end to a changed routing or game viewing without prior notice being given. We reserve the right therefore to offer substitutes of equal value or to cancel the operation of any tour. In practice, very few itineraries are affected but a little flexibility, on your part, will ensure that your tour is unique and rewarding.
a) The company is insured against legal liabilities arising from injuries, which might be received by passengers while in its vehicles. You are however strongly advised to take out your own insurance against the risks inherent in traveling in an undeveloped country especially as there may be times
when your tour visits remote regions without the means of rapid evacuation and medical facilities. Please remember that your Supplier does not undertake to provide such assistance at its expense, hence our strong recommendation that you arrange your own insurance to cover such eventualities.
b) The company and its agents act only as agents of the passenger in all matters relating to hotel accommodation, sightseeing, tour and transport, whether by aircraft, rail, motor coach, ship, boat, or any matter howsoever except when the passenger is being carried in transport owned by the company.
c) The company’s obligations apply to those services, which they agree to provide on your behalf. We cannot be held liable for any third party arrangements you arrange in conjunction on your own. For example we cannot be held liable if you miss your tour departure because you fail to arrive at the departure point at the agreed time.
d) The company’s liability to passengers carried in its own vehicle governed by the laws of the respective country and all claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the respective country and all claims are subject to jurisdiction of the courts of the respective country in which services are provided.
e) The company reserves the right to employ sub-contractors to carry out all or part of the services agreed to be supplied and in the event of the exercise of such right the terms relating to the Company’s liability shall apply.
f) Whilst every care is taken, the Company cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage of baggage. It is therefore advisable to affect separate baggage insurance.
g) 1. In the event that a claim is made against Sunworld Safaris Ltd in respect on any loss or damage occasioned by the breach of contract, negligence or other fault of the Company, the Company shall be liable to indemnify the Travel Agent or Tour Operator (as the case may be) in the courts of the country in which services are provided if the Travel Agent or Tour Operator (as the case may be) had submitted jurisdiction of the said courts.
2. In respect of any such claims as mentioned in sub clause (1) of this clause, the Company shall be under no liability expressly assumed in this clause.
1. For the purpose of this clause, the Company shall be deemed to include its servants and agents and shall be deemed to contract on behalf of such servant and agent.
Prices are based on fares and other costs prevailing at the time of publication and are subject to change without notice if fares or costs subsequently vary. All prices are subject to change and availability.
- Cancellation Policy
If the booking is cancelled 31 days prior to the arrival date, a full refund of any payment made net of bank charges/credit card surcharges will be issued. However, cancellations made within 31 days of arrival will incur 100% cancellation fees except if travel is prevented by Government or Pandemic related travel restrictions, either to Kenya or from the guest’s home country.
Then this will be subject to our FLEXIBLE COVID-19 POLICY as outlined here below:-
The above cancellation policy will not apply if:
1. One is unable to travel due to travel restrictions either to Kenya or the guest’s home country
2. One tests positive for COVID-19 within 96 hours prior to arrival (proof of positive certificate will be required).
For the above two reasons, bookings can either be: –
* POSTPONED at no extra cost (however, if travel is confirmed at later date a supplementary cost may apply depending on the season/year of travel)
* Refunded in full, net of bank charges/credit card surcharge.